Department of Manufacturingand Technologies and Machine Tools conducts training of general technological and more specialized disciplines in the Bachelor's, Master's and PhD degree programs from the curriculum of the specialties “Computerized manufacturing technologies" and "Manufacturing engineering and technologies".
The main goal of the courses “Computerized manufacturing technologies" and "Manufacturing engineering and technologies" is to prepare the students in the subjects of mechanical engineering in order to meet the contemporary requirements of manufacturing industries with an increased emphasis on the application of modern computerized methods, techniques and equipment for design, control and management of the production processes.
(fundamental and general engineering subjects):
- Mathematics, Applied geometry and Engineering graphics;
- Introduction in the computer software used in mechanical engineering practice.
- Manufacturing materials and production of materials, Engineering mechanics and strength of materials, Theory of mechanisms and machines, Electrical and electronics engineering;
- Manufacturing processes and technologies. Cutting of materials and cutting tools, Metal cutting machine tools, Programming of CNC machine-tools and equipment, Design of fixtures and other manufacturing equipment,
- Engineering economics, Industrial management. Management of the quality, Risks evaluation and reliability of products and processes.
- Advanced knowledge in: Manufacturing technologies, Manufacturing automation, Product design and optimization by using contemporary CAD/CAE systems, CAD/CAM technologies for programing machine tools and equipment. Design of manufacturing systems and layout of mechanical workshops. Fundamentals of Computer integrated manufacturing (CIM).
- Acquiring skills to prepare and defend individual engineering projects as well as teamwork.
- Approaches to solve different engineering problems related with design, control and management of production processes. Using contemporary multimedia equipment and software and developing presentation skills and ability to defense projects. Participating in practical trainings and specialized practice in real work environment.
Graduated bachelors, masters or doctors in “Computerized manufacturing technologies" or "Manufacturing engineering and technologies" can work as specialists – mechanical engineers in all areas of manufacturing industries and enterprises, or in different type laboratories and scientific organizations.